Civilian Employer Information (CEI)
NEW! You can now update your Civilian Employer Information straight from JSS.
WHAT DO YOU NEED? All you need is a JSS account to access and submit your CEI.
- I HAVE A JSS ACCOUNT
SUBMIT NOW >
Find out how >
I NEED TO REGISTER FOR A JSS ACCOUNT
REGISTER FOR JSS >
Find out more >
1. You will have the option to register with or without a CAC.
PLEASE USE YOUR CAC TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE ONE.
2. After submission of your JSS registration form,
PLEASE AWAIT DELIVERY OF ACTIVATION EMAIL TO YOUR INBOX.
3. If you register without a CAC, you will perform a ONE-TIME SETUP OF TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION when you
login to JSS for the first time.
NOTE: Army Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, and Coast Guard Reserve continue to report CEI information through their respective service.
Yes, it's mandatory
We know that life in the National Guard can get busy. But don’t let that be the reason you don’t submit your Civilian Employer Information to the Department of Defense. Based on the information you submit annually, defense officials will know whom they can call to active duty without putting civilian jobs at risk.
Reporting your CEI not only influences your chances of being called to active duty, it is used to determine whether your unit or unit members should be mobilized, as well as to ensure that you aren’t on active duty beyond the time the Department of Defense needs you to serve. It also provides NGB Employment Support with information that can make helping you through employment issues much easier.
What happens if I don’t submit my CEI?
Submitting your CEI is mandatory! National Guard members who forget or refuse to submit their information (or submit false employment information) can be subject to administrative action or punishment (Article 92, Uniform Code of Military Justice). Moreover, if a business or public agency – like fire stations, hospitals, or police departments – must cope with multiple employees serving in the military at once, the impact on the local community can be severe.
Here’s what you can expect to provide:
- Birth date
- DOD ID
- Employer information (job title, employer address, contact information, etc.)
It’s secure, it’s easy, and it’s for your benefit.
Not sure what to fill in? Follow these steps:
Once logged into JSS, fill in fields depending on your employment status:
- Unemployed: Select Unemployed from the Employment Type drop-down. Complete the form with the end date for your most recent position or check Never Employed. Be sure to enter your DOD ID.
- Student: Select Student from the Employment Type drop-down. Complete the form with the details of your most recent position. Be sure to enter your DOD ID. Use the Position Information search to look up the appropriate position code.
- Employed: Select Employed from the Employment Type drop-down. Complete the form with the details of your current position. Be sure to enter your DOD ID. Use the Position Code drop-down to look up the appropriate position code.